Welcome to Warroad Schools!
We are committed to educating and preparing lifelong learners for success in a complex and changing world. Located just 5 miles south of the US/Canadian border on beautiful Lake of the Woods in northwestern Minnesota, we serve approximately 1000 students in the rural communities of Warroad, Northwest Angle, Roosevelt, Salol and Swift.
Warroad School District maintains four academic buildings including the only surviving one-room school in the state of Minnesota, the Angle Inlet School.
- Early Learners Center: Preschool age
- Angle Inlet School: Grades K-6
- Warroad Elementary School: Grades K-6
- Warroad High School: Grades 7-12
Our Mission, Vision, and Goals
Together we create "a future of excellence" by providing a learning community that is personalized, innovative, and secure for all learners.
- We are the benchmark
- We have beautiful facilities, great activities and high graduation rate
- We provide a wide range of opportunities that prepare our students for success
- We are leaders in innovation
- We are financially sound and a great employer
- We have alumni returning to our community for the lifestyle and work
- Innovative learning and teaching - Be Bold
- Consistency in policies, trust development, communications, and transparency
- Financial stability and growth by creating opportunities through partnering with the entire community
Our Points of Pride
The School District offers a wide range of academic and co-curricular opportunities for its students including:
- Excellent Early Childhood Programming
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College-In-The-High School Program — more than 30 credits available
- Extracurricular Programs
- Celebrated Indian Education Program
Over 65 percent of the Warroad Schools’ student body are active in one or more of our athletic, fine arts, music, Indian Ed or STEM programs. Our Industrial Technology Programming, Engineering and Design students competed in NASA FIRST Robotics and the High Mileage Car competitions that have earned state honors and gone onto national competition. Our students are also eligible to receive the William S. and Margaret I. Marvin Scholarship, a $15 million endowed scholarship fund for students of the Warroad Public Schools; average scholarship awards have been approximately $5,517 per year for two-year programs and $9,580 per year for four-year programs.
Warroad, MN is a small town with just over 1700 residents in northwestern Minnesota, just five miles south of the Canadian border. It is the only American port on Lake of the Woods and is surrounded by thousands of acres of state parks and forests that offer four seasons of outdoor activities: skiing, hiking, fishing, hunting, biking, and much more.